This concentration provides students with para-professional education and training in areas related to the environment, conservation and ecotourism.
- In addition to lectures, talks and visits are organized. Past speakers include: WWF Hong Kong, environmental activists and consultants, plant experts, animal experts and bird experts etc
- Summer internship will be organized in collaboration with Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, Hong Kong Wetland Park, Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Garden, WWF, the Conservancy Association, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden etc
- Students will help organize themed activities such as Environmental Conservation Summer Camp, Bird Watching Festival, Environmental Conservation Carnival and Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve Conservation Conference etc.
Shek Mun campus is well-equipped with three science laboratories including Food & Nutrition Science, Creative Science and BioEco for experimental works.
Associate of Science awarded by the Hong Kong Baptist University.
- They can apply through the non-JUPAS scheme to programmes offered by local universities in ecology, environmental science, biology and other related fields
- Graduates can continue their undergraduate studies at different universities in Hong Kong
- Others continued their academic studies in Mainland China and overseas
Graduates can work in the fields of environmental conservation in the government sector such as the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department and the Environmental Protection Department, NGOs (e.g. WWF, Hong Kong Wetland Park, Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park, Mai Po Reserve, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden and Friends of the Earth), as well as other related fields in environmental resources management.