Dr. Melannie Zhan 詹怡倩博士
Academic Co-ordinator and Lecturer, Generic Content - GE Level 1 Foundational Courses (Values and the Meaning of Life / Quantitative Reasoning), Division of Communication
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- FCQR1400 Data and The Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- CRCM2405 Introduction to Media and Communication
- Advertising effect
- Health communication
- Strategic marketing communication
- Chan, K., Tsang, L., Lee, L., Lam, S.S.K., Cheng, B.K.L., Fan, F., Huang, L., Ng, T., Wong, J., Wong, M., Yeung, F., Zhan, M., and Li, Q. (2021). Discipline-based communities of practice: Life-long learning of advertising and public relations educator. Learning Communities Journal, volume 13.
- Liu, P. L., Huang, V., & Zhan, M. (2021). COVID-19 information sharing on social media: Examining the influence on informational reciprocity and life satisfaction. Paper presented at ICA 2021 - 71st Annual International Communication Association Conference.
- Zhan, M.(2020). Generation Z in Hong Kong: Simple While Multi-tasking. In Gentina, E., and Parry, E. (Ed.) The New Generation Z in Asia: Dynamics, Differences, Digitalization (The Changing Context of Managing People), Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 39-53. https://doi.org/10.1108/978-1-80043-220-820201006
- Liu, L.P., Huang, L., & Zhan, M (2020). COVID-19 information sharing on social media: Examining the influence on informational reciprocity and life satisfaction. Paper accepted by the 70th International Communication Association Conference.
- Zhan, M. (2019). Measuring the effectiveness of PSA in the road safety context. Paper was presented in 2019 AAA Global Conference, 12-15 July 2019, Beijing, China.
- Zerfaß, A., Volk, S.C., Chen, R., & Zhan, M. (2018). Shared value als chance fÜr die unternehmens kommunikation? (Shared value as an opportunity for corporate communication?) PR magazin, August 2018.
- Huang, L., & Zhan, M. (2018). Strategic Thinking of Social Media Use for Public Relations: An Affordance Perspective. Paper accepted by the Preconference of the 68th International Communication Association Conference, 23-28 May 2018, Prague, Czech Republic
- Zhang, K., & Zhan, Y.Q.M. (2017). Research on Continued Use of Sport-related Social Application: Taking WeRun as an Example. International Journal of Human Movement and Sports Sciences, 5, 57 - 67. doi: 10.13189/saj.2017.050401.
- Chan, K., Cheng, H., Zhan, M., & Yeung, D. (2017). Personal loan advertisements in Hong Kong: A semiotic study. In Chan, K. (Ed.), Social issues of advertising. Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press.