Dr. Popsy Y.F. Poon 潘宛芬博士
Academic Co-ordinator and Lecturer, Health Sciences / Generic Content - Free Electives (Food), Division of Applied Science
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Food, Nutrition and Society
- Introduction to Environmental Health and Toxicology
- Internship for Food Safety, Nutrition and Health Education
- Modified Starches
- Phenolic Compounds
- Member of the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists, JGO Aromatherapy and Health School
- Ong S.Y., Zhu P., Poon Y.F., Leung K.H., Fang W.H., Phillips D.L. 2002 May. Time-Resolved Resonance Raman Spectroscopy and Density Functional Study of 2-Fluorenylnitrene and its Dehydroazepine Products. Chemistry-A European Journal, 8: 2163-2171.
- Zhu P., Ong S.Y., Chan P.Y., Poon Y.F., Leung K.H., Phillips D.L. 2001 Nov. Transient-Resonance Raman and Density Functional Theory Investigation of 4-Biphenylylnitrenium, 2-Fluorenylnitrenium, and Diphenylnitrenium Ions. Chemistry-A European Journal, 7:4928-4936.
- Poon Y.F. 2005. Thesis: Raman and FT-IR spectroscopic investigation of chemically modified starches.
Professional / Community Services
- Executive Committee Member of Hong Kong Food Start Up Community (2015–present)
- Food Safety and Technology Subcommittee Chairperson and Expert Panel Member of Hong Kong Food Science and Technology Association (HKFSTA) (2011–present)
- Executive Committee Member (Education Programs Officer) of Hong Kong Food Science and Technology Association (HKFSTA) (2011–present)
- Research Matching Grant Scheme (RMGS), received $30,000 donation from industry in support of my research project, "Market study and food consumption survey"