Dr. Sarah S.W. Choy 蔡笑華博士
Academic Co-ordinator and Lecturer, Life Science, Division of Applied Science
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- ELSS2102 General Toxicology
- ENCS2103 General Biology
- ENCS2104 Microbiology and Laboratory
- FREL1100 Food, Nutrition and Society
- TCSC2101 Food revolution and Lifestyle
- LFSC2101 Cell Biology and Laboratory
- LFSC2102 Genetics and Evolution
- LFSC2103 Human Physiology
- Biochemistry (top up undergraduate course)
- Lifespan Physiology (top up undergraduate course)
- Capstone Project (top up undergraduate course)
- Genetics, Neural development, Cell biology and Molecular biology
- On-going research project: A research abstract was submitted in a CRF (collaborative research fund) conference in Dec 2017. Abstract title: Cardiotoxicity of ciguatoxin on marine medaka. Authors: WTV Li, HHJK Lam, SW Choy, J Cheng, KSP Lam and SH Cheng.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Book chapter: Vitamins And Hormones: Hedgehog Signaling, Siu Wah Choy and Shuk Han Cheng 2012 Mar; Vol. 88 pp. 1-18.
- A cascade of irx1a and irx2a controls shh expression during retinogenesis, Siu Wah Choy, Chi Wa Cheng, Sin Ting Lee, Vincent Wai Tsun Li, Chi-chung Hui, Liu Dong, Shuk Han Cheng Dev Dyn. 2010 Dec;239(12):3204-14.
- Zebrafish homologue irx1a is required for the differentiation of serotonergic neurons, Chi Wa Cheng, Carol Hiu Mei Yan, Siu Wah Choy, Michelle Nga Yu Hui, Chi Chung Hui, Shuk Han Cheng, Dev Dyn. 2007 Sep;236(9):2661-7.
- C. elegans SIN-3 and its associated HDAC corepressor complex act as mediators of male sensory ray development, S W Choy, Y M Wong, S H Ho, K L Chow, Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 2007 Jul 6;358(3):802-7. Epub 2007.
- Characterization of a transcriptional repressor complex and mab-21 interacting genes in male sensory ray patterning of C. elegans (PhD Thesis in 2006).
Professional / Community Services
- Journal Reviewer, Heliyon
- Research Grant Reviewer, Research Ethics Committee, HKBU
- Committee member, Hong Kong Association of Testing, Inspection and Certification
- Guest instructor: The Center for the Development of the Gifted and Talented Programme