Dr. Yvonne Y.Y. Wong 王永怡博士
Lecturer, Division of Arts and Languages
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- CCLC2204 Literary Appreciation
- CCLC1201 English Academic Writing I
- CCLC1202 English Academic Writing II
- CCLC2205 Reading Contemporary Worlds
- 20th Century Literature
- Gender Studies
- Space and Place in Literature
- Inter-art Studies
- Review, Transport to Another World: HMS Tamar and the Sinews of Empire (2022) by Stephen Davies, Hong Kong Review of Books. (Forthcoming)
- Panellist, Ulysses100 Dinner, organised by the Consulate General of Ireland and the Foreign Correspondents’ Club, June 2022.
- Panellist, “100 Years of Ulysses” and Post-Screening Talk, organised by the Consulate General of Ireland and Asia Society Hong Kong, June 2022.
- ‘An Aesthetics of Fragmentation: Encountering Early Modernism and the Literature of the First World War’, Online Lecture delivered as a part of the ‘History of English Literature’ Online Lecture Series, organised by Daath Voyage, India, June 2022.
- Review Essay, Reading Hong Kong, Reading Ourselves (2014) edited by Janel Curry & Paul Handstedt, Hong Kong Review of Books, September 2021.
- Review, Great Leaps (2019) by Colin Thomas Flahive, Hong Kong Review of Books, (Forthcoming).
- Review, Destination Shanghai (2019) by Paul French, Hong Kong Review of Books, Jan 2020.
- Foreword, Kaleidoscope, Student Literary Magazine, Community College of City University, City University of Hong Kong (UOWCHK/CCCU), 17-18, 18-19.
- ‘She also Sniffs and Touches: Kinaesthetic Empathy in Dorothy Richardson’s Pilgrimage’, conference paper delivered at the ‘Modernism and Empathy’ Conference, held by the Department of Literature and Cultural Studies, Education University of Hong Kong, June 2018.
- ‘Sound as Space, Space of Sound: Sound-Space dynamics in Dorothy Richardson’s Pilgrimage’, seminar paper delivered at the department seminar, Department of Literature and Cultural Studies, Education University of Hong Kong, December 2017.
- "Cup of Joe, anyone? ", In S. C. Tsang & K. Y. Yau, Bite-sized English, Hong Kong: Wan Li Publisher, 2013.
- "The Self in London’s Spaces: Miriam’s Dwelling and Undwelling in Pilgrimage", journal paper published on Pilgrimages: A Journal of Dorothy Richardson Studies No.3 (2010) 31.
- ‘Everyday Life Is Precisely What Life Is’, paper delivered at the Third International Richardson Conference, University of London, September 2011.
- ‘Visually, She Dwells’, paper delivered at the Northern Modernism Seminar, University of Sheffield, May 2010.