Dr. Daisy P.L. Chow 周佩倫博士
Academic Co-ordinator and Lecturer, English - Enhancement / Enrichment, Division of Arts and Languages
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- CCLC1201 English Academic Writing I
- CCLC1202 English Academic Writing II
- PENG2201 Fundamentals of Linguistics
- Conceptual Semantics
- English language teaching and learning
- Chow, P.L. (2019). The Malefactive Topic Role in Cantonese Indirect Passives. In Miriam Butt and Tracy H. King (eds). Proceedings of the 23th International Lexical Functional Grammar Conference. Stanford, CA.: CSLI Publications, 191-207.
- Chow, P.L. (2018). Syntax-Semantic Interface of Cantonese Sentences with Specific Indefinite Subjects: A Conceptual Semantic Account. In Zhang Lan (ed). Proceedings of the 29th North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL-29) Volume 2. Columbus, NACCL Proceedings Online: 316-329.
- Ying, K.K., Leung, S.M., Lee, R.K.H., Chow, P.L. (2014). Chinese Composition Teachers’ Commentary Styles and Patterns in a Tablet-based Marking Environment. In Cheung, S.K.S., Fong, J., Zhang, J., Kwan, R., Kwok, L.F. (eds.). Proceedings of Hybrid Learning: Theory and Practice, 7th International Conference. Springer, 323-334.
- Chow, P.L. (2011). The Syntax-Semantics Interface of Resultative Constructions in Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese. In Helena Hong Gao and Minghui Dong (eds). Proceedings of the 25th Pacific Asia Conference on Language Information and Computing (PACLIC 25) Conference. The Institute for Digital Enhancement of Cognitive Development, Waseda University: 80-89.
- "Pre-tertiary Curriculum Influences on English Competency: A Case Study at CIE" awarded by Seed Grant Funding Scheme (SCE/SGF/2122/01) (2022) (Amount: $115,796)