Dr. Lucy S.P. Kong 江少萍博士
Academic Co-ordinator and Lecturer, Social and Public Policy Studies / Generic Content - GE Level 1 Foundational Courses (History and Civilization) / Generic Content - Free Electives (Social Sciences), Division of Social Sciences
Teaching AreasCourse(s) taught:
- ELSSS2500 Essentials of Sociology
- FCHC1502 The Rise of Asian Cities
- FREL1501 Pacific-rim Asian Societies
- HHKS2501 Contemporary Issues in Hong Kong Studies
- FCHC1501 Hong Kong Stories
- CCPP1500 Planning Your Academic and Career Pathways
- Sociology of Education
- Education and Development
- Education policy
- Intercultural Studies
- Narrative Study
- Associate Member, Association of Learning Technology
- Kong, S.P. (2021, July 6 -8). Part II: Scaffolding knowledge with structured Kahoot quizzes [Paper presentation]. Teaching and Learning Conference 2021, Teaching in the Spotlight: What is the Future for HE Curricula? Workshop/Interactive Breakout, Session 2.6, "Student-centred learning (SCL) still matters: Practices for remote and mixed-mode contexts" (Co-conducted by Amy Tsang, Emma Zhang, Max Leung and Brian Poon), Online conference, AdvanceHE, UK.
- Kong, S.P. (2019, July 3 – 5). Students’ perception on Multiple Intelligence-inspired general education class. Proceedings of the International Conference on New Horizons in Education 2019, Prague, Czech Republic. ISSN 2146-7358 http://int-e.net/publication_folder/inte/inte_iticam_2019.pdf
- Kong, S. P. (2019, January 11-12). Haoer. Jiana (Howard Gardner) duoyuan zhineng lun zai xianggang xin chuzhong zhongguo lishi kecheng jiaoxue fa de yingyong chutan [A preliminary study on the application of Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence Theory in the teaching method of new junior secondary Chinese History curriculum in Hong Kong] [Paper presentation]. Duoyuan shijiao tanjiu: Liangan si di zhongguo lishi jiaoyu xueshu yantao hui, Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong.
- Kong, S.P. (2018, July 6 - 8). Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory: Pedagogy and assessment in general education. Proceedings of the 2018 International Symposium on Teaching, Education and Learning, Seoul, South Korea. ISSN 2409-1855.
- Kong, S.P. (2017, June 15-16). Curriculum design of general education – Application of Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence (MI) theory [Paper presentation]. General Education Conference 2017 – Evolution and Transformation, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.